緬懷舊時光好用句
Time flies when you're having fun. 快樂的時光總是過得特別快
Time flies like an arrow. 光陰似箭
Time flies when you're busy. 忙碌時日子過得比較快
The months are flying by. 一個月.一個月,日子過得好快
The years are flying by like a blur. 這幾天咻一下子就過去了
祈禱 Cross one's fingers
Finger crossed"十指交叉"這樣的姿勢,在許多宗教裏都是"許願"或"祈禱"的意思,因此這個片語就是形容"希望美夢成真"
A: Did you get into that school? 你有考上那所學校嗎?
B: I don't know. I'm still crossing my fingers. 不知道我還在祈禱
敘舊八卦好用句
Catch up字面上是"追趕進度"的意思.朋友好久不見,完全不曉得這陣子彼此到底做了什麼新鮮事,這時當然要互相告知近況,彌補一下進度啊!
A: So, how'd last year go for you? 過去一年過得如何?
B: Well, it went. The economy was too slow, so business never really picked up.
還過得去.經濟不景氣,生意做不起來呀!
*聽起來不妙,不太好吧
對方提了 一見蠻嚴重的事,你可以說That's terrible或That's too bad,但你也可以用很輕盈
,不表示太多意見的口氣說That's not cool
A: Stacy is spreading rumors about me again. 史黛西又在散播我的謠言了
B: That's not cool. You should talk to her. 那很不優喔.你該跟她談談
乾杯好用句
三五好友群聚時,難免會喝酒助興.不過在台灣喝酒,常常在乾杯之後還不知道剛才到底為什麼而乾.外國人乾杯時,卻習慣把乾杯的名目說出來.
乾杯最簡單的說法,就是舉起酒杯說"To...."
To our friendship! 敬我們的友誼!
To our health! 敬身體健康!
To success!! 敬我們成功!!
*Bottoms up!! 乾杯!!
如果你醉到什麼句型都忘記了,只要記住Cheers一字即可!但要注意的是,英文的Cheers並
沒有中文"乾到底"的意思,都是喝個一小口意思一下而已,如果要拼酒量.拼誠意,請說
Bottoms up!
Cheers! 喝吧!
Bottoms up! 乾杯!
New Year's Bash
[5:00 p.m., At the Bellagio Casino, Las Vegas] 下午5點在拉斯維加斯的貝拉吉歐賭場
Karen: I can't believe another year has gone by! 真不敢相信一年又要過去了
Harold: Time flies when you're old.... 年紀大了時間過得飛快
Karen: No kidding, and busy. 真的,人忙的時候時間也過得真快
Harold: I'm so glad I could make it to tonight's party.
真高興有空可以參加今天晚上的派對
Karen: Me, too. Having a reunion in Vegas for for New Year's was a great idea.
我也是,在拉斯維加斯開同學會跨年真是個好主意
Harold: But it was an expensive one. 但是很貴吶
Karen: It's going to be worth it. Is everything set up and ready to go?
值得啦,一切都準備就緒了嗎?
Harold: Jim's the MC and he's ready, the band is ready, the food is ready.... let's just
hope everyone shows up!
吉姆是司儀,他準備好了.樂團也好了,餐點也好了.....只希望大家都會出現囉!
@word bank
reunion (n.)團聚
MC = Master of Ceremonies 典禮主持人
[7:30p.m.] 晚上七點半
Angel: Karen! Long time no see! 凱倫!好久不見啦!
Karen: I know! You look great! 對呀!妳看起來很好耶!
Angel: You, too. This is a great room to have the party in. Did you do all the decorating
? 妳也是,這個房間舉行派對好棒啊!裝飾是妳一手搞定的嗎?
Karen: Well, Harold helped me a lot. 這個嘛,哈洛幫了我很多忙
Angel: It looks fantastic. You always coordinated the parties in college like a pro.
漂亮極了.大學時候妳辦派對辦得像專家一樣
Karen: Here, wear this hat. And here's your whistle.
現在把帽子戴起來吧!這是妳的哨子
Angel: Haha. Thanks. Oh, look, more people are showing up. I'm going to start
mingling. 哈哈,謝謝呀.噢,妳瞧,愈來愈多人來了,我準備開始跟大家哈拉囉!
Karen: OK. Supposedly twenty classmates are coming. Cross your fingers!
好啊,大概會有二十個同學來唷!希望如此啦!
@word bank
coordinate (v.) 協調;統籌
pro = professional (n.) 專家;達人
mingle (v.) 混合;這裡指社交.與他人寒喧等
supposedly (adv.) 推測;可能
[8:00p.m., everyone has arrived] 晚上八點,大家都到了
Brad: So, guys, you all look great. Let's play catch up. What were the highlight of 2006
for you?
同學們,你們都春風滿面.我們聊聊近況吧,你們2006年都做了什麼重要的事?
Angel: For me it was changing careers. It was a tough decision, but I have no regrets.
我換事業跑到了.這是艱難的決定,但我毫不後悔
Brad: Wow. I'm proud of you. So this year has been monumental for you.
哇,我真替妳驕傲.所以今年對妳來說是非常重要的一年囉
Angel: Yes, it was a crossroads in my life. I had to choose between a career that my
parents like and one that I liked.
是啊,堪稱人生的十字路口.我必須在我爸媽喜歡的事業和我喜歡的事業中做選擇
Brad: And you made the brave decision. 而妳做了勇敢的決定
Angel: Yes. Now I own my own bussiness, make my own schedule. I feel so free.
What about you?
是啊,現在我擁有自己的生意,安排自己的行程和時間.我覺得很自由.你呢?
@word bank
catch up 敘舊;告訴彼此近況
highlight (n.) 高潮
monumental (adj.) 重大的
crossroads (n.) 十字路口
Brad: This past year was one of the hardest year in my life. I finally got out that bad
marriage. 過去一年真是我人生中最難敖的時期之一.我終於告別那段糟糕的婚姻
Angel: Really? Good for you. I heard that relationship was holding you back.
真的啊?真是好消息.我聽說那段關係阻礙了你的發展
Brad: Well, Sue was a fun girl, but she was controlling and manipulative. And I found
out she had cheated on me.
是啊,蘇軾個有趣的女孩,但是她控制慾很強,又愛操弄人.而且我發現她劈腿
Angel: Not cool. But you look great. 聽起來不妙.但你看起來很好哇
Brad: Well, I had to do something to keep my mind off of her, so I worked out.
這個嘛,我得做些事情讓自己不再為她煩惱,所以我去健身
Angel: It shows. That's the downside of having your own business though, no time to
work out. 看得出來.但那也就是自己做生意的壞處,沒時間運動
Brad: You have to learn to make the time. 妳得學會騰出時間
@word bank
manipulative (adj.) 有操縱狂的
cheat on somebody 背著某人偷情
downside (n.) 缺點 --> upside (n.) 優點
Angel: I agree. In fact, that's my goal for 2007 - to learn to manage my time as a
business owner. I want get into a work out schedule.
我同意.事實上那就是我2007年的目標--學習當個會管理時間的老闆.我想要安排運
動的時間
Brad: Good plan. My goal is to not get into a relationship for a whole year.
好計畫.我的計畫是一整年不要談戀愛
Angel: That will take some will power. 那需要一點意志力唷
Brad: I know. But I need to be on my own and figure out who I am again.
我知道.但我必須一個人過,重新思考我是誰
Angel: That makes sense. If you got into a relationship now, it would be a rebound.
有道理.如果你現在又談戀愛,只是怕寂寞罷了
Brad: Totally, so 2007 is about personal discovery fo me. I'm going to take up marital
arts and photography.
一點也沒錯,所以2007年是自我探索的一年.我要去上武術和攝影課
Angel: Awesome. What about you, Carol? How was 2006 for you?
真讚耶.卡洛你呢?2006年過得怎麼樣?
@word bank
will power 意志力
rebound (n. adj.) 指剛分手就馬上陷入新戀情
take up 學習;上課
martial art 武術
Carol: For me, it was a tough year as well. My dad passed away.
對我也是難敖的一年.我老爸過世了
Brad: Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that. 噢,不會吧?!聽到這個消息真難過
Carol: I'm OK. It took me about six months to learn how to deal with it.
我沒事了.我花了六個月的時間才學會如何面對
Brad: Why didn't you call any of us? 你為什麼不打電話給我們?
Carol: I wanted to handle it on my own. But I'm doing good now. My mom came to live
with me and that's been great.
我想自己處理就好.但我現在很好.我媽來跟我一起住,這樣很棒
Brad: So what's your New Year's resolution? 那妳有什麼新年新希望?
Carol: To quit smoking. Since my dad passed, I've been smoking two packs a day.
戒煙吧.從我爹過世後,我一天要抽兩包煙
Brad: Good luck with that. Hey! Come over guys! Let's make a toast to our resolutions!
祝妳好運.嘿!大家都過來吧!讓我們舉杯敬一敬我們的新年新希望!
@word bank
tough (adj.) 難敖的
toast (n./v.) 乾杯;敬酒
沒有留言:
張貼留言