2011年6月17日 星期五

Time to Get a Haircut! 該剪頭髮囉!‏

[ at the beauty salon ]
在美容院
Ann: I just want a trim.
我只想稍微修剪一下
Samuel: So we're skeeping the same shape?
我們要維持一樣的髮型?
Ann: Yes, please just take off the split ends.
對.請幫我把分叉剪一剪就好
Samuel: No problem. It tooks like we'll have to take off about three inches then.
沒問題.看來我們需要剪掉大概三英吋了
Ann: OK, then you'd better blindfold me in the process!
好吧,你剪的時候最好把我的眼睛矇起來
Samuel: Ha - ha. You got it.
哈哈.沒問題
Ann: Do you think I should color my hair again?
你覺得我應該再染一染頭髮嗎?
Samuel: It looks like you've clored it before.
看來妳之前已經染過了
Ann: Yes, but it's grown out.
對呀,但又漲出來了
Samuel: You know that the chemicals damage your hair, right?
妳知道化學藥劑會傷害頭髮,是吧?
Ann: I know. But I'm really sick of this color.
我知道啊.但我真的很討厭這個顏色
Samuel: I would say if you want to keep your hair, don't color it.
我的建議是,如果妳要保留妳的頭髮,就不要染了
Ann: What do you think of my hair?
你覺得我的新髮型如何?
Jim: Um, it's different. Your old cut was nice.
嗯,跟以前不一樣.妳之前的髮型不錯
Ann: You don't like it?
你不喜歡這個髮型?
Jim: Let's just say I'm not used to it.
就當作是我還不習慣吧
Ann: Well, I'm not either.
呃,我也不習慣
Jim: It will take a while, I guess.
我想要等一陣子吧
Ann: So are you going to keep your hairstyle?
那你還要繼續保持原有的髮型嗎?
Jim: What do you mean?
妳是想說什麼?
Ann: You've had that style for years.
你留這個髮型已經好幾年了
Jim: Is it too out - dated?
太過時了?
Ann: I'm just saying you might try something new.
我只是說你或許可以試試新的
Jim: I like my hair the way it is!
我就喜歡我頭髮現在的樣子!



@word bank
trim (n.) 修剪(頭髮);整理
shape (n.) 形狀;模樣
take off 移除
inch (n.) 英吋
process (n.) 過程
color (v./n.) 染色;顏色
grow out 長出來
chemical (n.) 化學藥品
damage (v.) 傷害
cut (n.) 剪出來的髮型;也可以說haircut
be used to... 習慣於...
while (n.) 一段時間
hairatyle (n.) 髮型
mean (v.) 表示;意指
style (n. / v.) 風格;做造型
out - dated (adj.) 過時的

沒有留言:

張貼留言