2013年4月20日 星期六

Ordering Food 餐廳點餐實用對話‏

每日 EZ Word 
lose one’s head 失去理智
字面上的意思為「失去某人的頭」,但在這裡引申為失去理智而做出瘋狂的舉動。

A: Did you hear that Daniel is planning on asking Cynthia to marry him?
你有聽說丹尼爾正打算向辛西亞求婚嗎?
B: What? But they just met last week! Why does he always lose his head when he meets a girl?
什麼?但他們上禮拜才剛認識耶!他為什麼只要一碰到女孩就失去理智?
you have/got to hand it to someone
you have/got to hand it to someone 某人真有一套

這句俚語用來說應該向某人應該得到讚揚,承認某人的長處。

A:I was pretty shocked when Germany beat Argentina 4-0.
德國隊以四比零擊敗阿根廷讓我超震驚的。
B:Yeah. You gotta hand it to the Germans. They played a good game.
對啊!德國隊真有一套!他們踢了一場好球。
be no slouch不遑多讓
slouch 是指頭低低,肩膀下垂,無精打采的行走或坐著的動作和姿勢,可當動詞和名詞使用。be no slouch 是口語上用來表達某人對某件事情非常在行,就算不是最出色的,也算箇中好手,意思類似「不是省油的燈」、「不遑多讓」。

A: Wow! Kathy’s front yard looks great!
哇!凱西的前院看來真棒!
B: Yeah. She’s no slouch when it comes to gardening.
對啊,她可是個園藝好手。
今日會話 EZ Talk 

Ordering Seafood
點海鮮
Waiter: I’m sorry, we’re out of steak.
服務生:很抱歉,我們的牛排賣完了。
Customer: 1)Shoot. Well, how’s the seafood here?
顧客:真討厭,那你們的海鮮如何?
Waiter: Oh, it’s excellent. We actually have a shrimp special tonight.
服務生:喔,非常棒,我們今晚有鮮蝦特餐。
Customer:  OK, that sounds good. I’ll get that.
顧客:好啊,聽起來很不錯,我就點這個吧。
Ordering Seafood
點海鮮
Customer: What’s the difference between the regular and the large?
顧客:普通的和大份的有什麼不一樣?
Waiter: The regular order comes with 10 shrimp and a large order comes with 20.
服務生:普通的有十隻蝦,大份的有二十隻。
Customer:  Hmm. I’m not that hungry. How large are the shrimp?
顧客:嗯,我沒有很餓。蝦子多大?
Waiter: We serve 1)jumbo shrimp. I’d get the regular order if I were you.
服務生:我們的是特大蝦。如果我是你,我會點普通的。
Ordering Seafood
點海鮮
Waiter: How would you like your shrimp cooked?
顧客:你的蝦想要怎麼料理?
Customer:  What are my options?
服務生:有什麼可供我選擇?
Waiter: You can have them deep-fried, boiled or 1)grilled.
顧客:你可以選擇油炸、水煮或燒烤。
Customer:  Deep-fried sounds great, but I’m trying to watch my weight. Grilled shrimp for me, please!
服務生:油炸聽起來不錯,但我要控管體重,請給我烤蝦。
今日EZ單字 
shoot []ut] (interj.)(感歎詞)討厭,表示驚奇、不快
Shoot! I forgot my keys!
討厭!我忘了帶鑰匙!
jumbo (a./n.) 特大的,巨大的
The jumbo jet seats over 400 passengers.
這台大型客機可容納超過四百位乘客。
grill (v.)(用烤架)燒烤
Let’s grill some steaks for dinner.
我們來烤牛排當晚餐吧。

沒有留言:

張貼留言