2013年5月25日 星期六

Fabio’s All-nighters 法兵武挑燈夜戰‏

每日 EZ Word 
come up with (針對問題)想出、提出
片語 come up with 解釋為「提出、想出(主意、解決辦法、計畫等)」,所以在句子中 with 後面通常會接 idea、solution、plan 等字。另外,come up with 也可以表示「提供別人想要的東西」。例如,We’ll be in big trouble if we don’t come up with six grand by three p.m.「要是沒在下午三點前弄到六千美元,我們的麻煩就大了。」
go too far 太超過,做得太過份
go too far 在字面上的意思像是「走得太遠了」,但其實它指的是「行為太不合理,令人難以接受」,就像中文口語的「太超過了!」
keep it down 將音量小聲一點
片語 keep…down 有「抑制……使無法發出」的意思,例如本文說 keep it down 是指「控制音量」,keep the costs down為「壓低成本」、keep her food down「不讓(胃裡的)食物吐出來」。
get on it 著手進行某事
get on it 是一句英文俚語,表示 just do it,也就是「著手進行某件事情」。對話中加上 right away 作為強調語氣用,表示「即刻進行」的意思。
今日會話 EZ Talk 

Lin Mama arrives at the apartment
林媽媽來到出租公寓
Xiao-ping: Oh, hi, Lin Mama. Anything I can help you with?
筱萍:喔,嗨,林媽媽。有什麼我可以幫忙的嗎?
Lin Mama:  Yes. Is Fa-Bing-wu home? I need to talk to him.
林媽媽:有的,法兵武在家嗎?我有事要跟他談。
Xiao-ping: No, he’s not here. He’s at class. He just enrolled in another one. He does nothing but study Chinese.
筱萍:他不在家,他去上課了。他剛加修了一堂課。除了學中文,他什麼都不做。
Lin Mama:  Does he talk to himself in Chinese in the middle of the night? The neighbors downstairs are complaining—they say they can hear a strange, 1)robotic voice late at night.
林媽媽:他是不是在半夜會用中文自言自語啊?樓下的鄰居在抱怨——他們說在深夜裡聽到一種像機器人的怪音。
Xiao-ping: Oh, that. We all have to 1)put up with that. Fabio listens to his Chinese lessons while he sleeps. He puts the speakers on his 2)mattress and 3)cranks the volume up loud.
筱萍:喔,那個啊,我們都得忍受。法兵武會邊睡覺邊聽中文課文,他會把喇叭放在床墊上,而且把音量開得很大。
Lin Mama: How’d he come up with that bright idea? More importantly, does it even work?
林媽媽:他是怎麼想出這個妙方的啊?更重要的是,這樣真的有效嗎?
Xiao-ping: It’s going a little too far, if you ask me. He’s just not 4)laid-back, not like a real European. But he does seem to be learning fast.
筱萍:如果你問我的話,我覺得有點過火了。他一點也不放鬆,完全不像道地的歐洲人。不過,他的確學得很快的樣子。
Xiao-ping: Hi, A-Feng. Have you seen Fabio?
筱萍:嗨,阿逢,你有看到法兵武嗎?
A-Feng: No. Why? Do you guys have a language 1)exchange date?
阿逢:沒有,怎麼了?你們約好作語言交換嗎?
Xiao-ping: No. Lin Mama wants to talk to him.
筱萍:不是,是林媽媽有事要跟他談。
A-Feng: Oh. I don’t know where he is. He’ll be back sooner or later.
阿逢:喔,我不知道他在哪裡,但他遲早會回來的啦。
Xiao-ping: Oh, and your girlfriend called.
筱萍:喔,對了,你的女朋友打電話來。
A-Feng: OK. Thanks.
阿逢:好,謝謝。
Xiao-ping: Are you going to call her back?
筱萍:你要回她電話嗎?
A-Feng: Um…yeah, sure.
阿逢:嗯……會啊,我會。
Xiao-ping: You should make time and do it. She sounded a little 2)upset on the phone.
筱萍:你應該找時間打給她的,她在電話上聽起來有一點不高興。
A-Feng: I’ve been kinda busy and we haven’t had time to get together. Did she leave her number?
阿逢:我最近有點忙,我們沒什麼時間見面。她有留電話號碼嗎?
Xiao-ping: Huh? You don’t know her number? You’re unbelievable.
筱萍:啊?你沒有她的電話號碼?你太誇張了。
A-Feng: I seem to have 1)misplaced it somewhere in all this 2)mess.
阿逢:我好像放到這堆雜物堆裡,找不到了。
Xiao-ping: Misplaced it? You can’t be serious. Well, you’d better find it and quickly. She said that if you don’t call soon, she’s coming for you.
筱萍:找不到?你是在開玩笑吧。你最好盡快找到。她說如果你再不趕快打給她,她就要來對付你了。
A-Feng: Sigh. Why do girlfriends always have to be so 3)impatient?
阿逢:唉,為什麼女朋友都是這麼沒有耐性呢?
今日EZ單字 
robotic(a.) 機器人的,機器人般的
put up with (phr.) 忍受,容忍
mattress (n.) 床墊
crank up (phr.) 把音量調大
laid-back (a.) 悠哉的,放鬆的,無憂無慮的
exchange (n./v.) 交換
upset (a.) 不高興的,難過的
misplace (v.) 放在記不起的地方,弄丟
mess (n.) 雜亂,混亂
impatient (a.) 不耐煩的,沒耐性的

沒有留言:

張貼留言