2011年6月17日 星期五

Money Matters 理財英文講座‏

*401K 美國的退休儲蓄方案
也做401-K或401-K plan,是美國的退休儲蓄方案之一.員工除了將稅前所得(salary before
taxes)的一定存進IRA (individual retirement account,個人退休帳戶)之外,還可另外提撥
(contribute)固定比例401K退休基金,而且雇主也要對等提撥,所以許多投資專家會推薦勞
工參加410K方案,因為這等於是"買一送一"的強迫儲蓄.
 
*creat a good nest egg 預存養老金
creat a good nest egg這種說法經常與退休養老金有關.nest egg是指一顆故意被留在巢
中的蛋(也可能是假蛋),如此一來雌鳥會繼續留在巢中生蛋,蛋農就因此一直有蛋可收.
A: All of my extra earnings are invested in stocks and bonds.
我多賺的錢都投入股票和債券了
B: It sounds like you're creating a good nest egg.
看來你為年老作了不錯的準備
 
*I'm a little overwhelmed 我有點不知所措
overwhelm是指無形的壓力.訊息或有形的工作.物品一下子大量湧入,讓然感到措手不及.
當主詞是人就說be overwhelmed;若主詞是事物則說be overwhelming.對話中I'm a little
overwhelmed.
也可以說...
That's too much for me. 我承受不了
I can't handle this. 我無法處理
That's over my head. 我搞不定
 
*to steer clear of something 注意避開某物
steer是動詞"掌舵.駕駛"的意思,steer clear of...即為"注意避開..."
A: Steer clear of these penny stocks.
注意避開這些小公司的水餃股
B: I will. I've heard they're too risky.
我會注意.聽說那些風險都很大
 
*I'll go with that one 
go with something表示"選擇某物".對話中如果要表現相同的意思,還可以說...
I'll take it. 我要選這個
I'm sold. 我接受
That's the one. 就是這個了
*cut 砍!切!剪!
用到cut這個字就代表"減少",而且是大幅度的縮減
A: How can I lower my phone bills?
我要如何降低電話費?
B: You need to cut the amount of time you spend on the phone down to about one 
third.
你得把通話時間大減為三分之一
*make bank 賺大錢
bank在這邊引申"銀行"的意思,以口語的方式表示"大筆財富".平常說"make money"表示
"賺錢",make bank當然就是"賺大錢"的意思了
A: He made bank at that dot - com job.
他那份網路公司的工作很賺錢喔
B: That's when the dot -com boom was at its peak.
那是在網路經濟泡沫巔峰的時期
*to show no signs of... 看不出....的跡象
sign是"徵兆"的意思.當你預期一件事發生,卻怎麼樣都看不出會那樣發展的線索,就可以
用上這句話
A: His mom is really sick.
他媽媽病得很重
B: I know. The doctor said she's showing no signs of recovery either.
是啊.醫生也說看不出她復原的跡象
*have room to.... 有(做某事)的餘裕
room可以指具體的"空間",也可以指抽象的"能力"或"財力"
A: The pants are a little big.
這褲子有點大
B: That way you have a little room to grow.
這樣你才有長高.長大的空間
*What do I owe you? 我該給你多少錢?
owe在這邊不是"欠錢"的意思,而是以輕鬆的方式表示"該給多少錢"或"該如何報答"
A: What do I owe you for your time?
耽誤你這些時間,我該如何報答你?
B: One hundred, even.
一百元整
 
 
Money Matters 理財英文講座
Man: I'm ready to plan for my future! I'm going to invest for my retirement!
我準備好要規劃未來了!我要開始為退休作投資!
Woman: Do you have a retirement plan with the company you work for?
你在公司有參加退休計畫嗎?
Man: You mean a 401K? Yes, but I want to prepare beyond that.
妳是說401K?有啊,但我想做更多準備
Woman: Good for you, because there will be no more social security money after 2040
. 
很好,因為2040年以後就沒有社會保險金制度了
Man: Right. So I need to start another savings plan now.
是啊,我以我必須現在就展開另一項儲蓄計畫
Woman: Starting now will put you on the right track for retirement. It's a great idea!
從現在開始是正確的方向.這是個好主義!
Man: So how can I creat a good nest egg for retirement?
所以我要怎麼為退休金作準備啊?
Woman: There are many ways. Stocks, bonds, mutual funds.... We need to analyze
what suits you.
有很多種方式.有股票.債券.共同基金....等等,我們必須分析哪種適合你
Man: Mutual funds! I like investments that protect my money!
共同基金好了!我喜歡能保本的投資!
Woman: That's good. Because looking at your numbers, you're not right for anything 
too risky.
那樣很好.就你的財力來看,你不適合作風險太高的投資
Man: Ha - ha. Are you saying I don't make enough? Even if I did, I'd choose the safer 
ones.
哈哈.妳是說我賺得不夠多嗎?就算我賺很多錢,我也會選擇比較安全的投資
Woman: Which is smart. I've got many safe investment opportunities for you.
明智的選擇.我已經幫你找到許多安全的投資機會了
Man: My advisor gave me this packet of info on mutual funds.
我的顧問給我這一堆共同基金的資訊
Woman: Wow. That's a big stack of stuff.
哇.好大一堆
Man: I'm a little overwhelmed. Any advice?
我有點不知所措.有什麼建議嗎?
Woman: Make sure to diversify to protect your money.
投資一定要多樣化.你的錢才有保障
Man: What do you think of world markets? Should I invest in anything overseas?
妳覺得國際市場怎麼樣?我應該進行海外投資嗎?
Woman: Sure, but be picky and choosy. Make sure to go with something stable.
當然,但要嚴格慎選,投資穩定得標的
Man: What do you think of this fund here?
妳認為這支基金怎麼樣?
Woman: That one is up and down. I would steer clear of it.
這支上下震盪.我會避免
Man: What about this one? That has a good reputation.
這支呢?口碑不錯
Woman: It's great. I invested in that one and have had lots of success.
這支挺棒的.我投資過這支,賺了不少
Man: And this one?
那這支呢?
Woman: Hey! Any more advice, and I'll have to start charging you a fee!
嘿!再要我建議,我就要開始收服務費囉!
I recommend this group of funds.
我推薦你這個基金組合
Man: OK. I'll go with that one then, but I'm not sure how much I need to put into it each
year.
好的.我就買那個,但我不知道我每年要放多少錢進去
Woman: What kind of retired life do you want to have?
你退休後想過什麼樣的生活?
Man: The cozier the better!
愈舒適愈好!
Woman: For the lifestyle you want, you'll need about four million dollars. So let's talk 
about how you budget your money first.
如果你想過這種生活方式,那你需要大概四百萬美金.所以讓我們先聊聊怎樣安
排你的開銷吧
Man: So how much money do I need to put away?
所以我需要存多少錢啊?
Woman: You need to cut your spending in about a half to reach your goal.
你必須減少約一半的開支才能達到你的目標
Man: What? How am I going to do that?
什麼?我怎麼可能做得到?
Woman: I will work with you on a budget plan. It's not as bad as you think. Make your 
own coffee, rent movies instead of going to the theater...
我會跟你一起研擬預算計畫.沒那麼糟啦.自己泡咖啡.租片子回家取代上電影院..
...
Man: It sounds terrible to me. Maybe I just won't retire.
聽起來超慘.我看我不要退休好了
Woman: Trust me, when you're seventy - five, you won't want to work.
相信我,到七十五歲的時候,你才不會想工作
Man: My financial advisor calculated how much I'll need to retire. I need to have four 
million!
我的財務顧問幫我算出需要多少錢才能退休.我需要四百萬美元耶!
Woman: Well, that's because you want to retire like a king.
呵,那是因為你退休後想過國王般的生活
Man: Well, of course I do. But there's no way to make as much money as I want.
當然啊,可是根本沒有辦法賺到那麼多錢
Woman: I'd invest in some real estate as well as mutual funds.
除了共同基金,我還會投資一些房地產
Man: That's what I read. Real estate can be a good long - term investment.
我也讀過這種報導.房地產是最安全的投資
Woman: And when it booms, you make bank. I've been thinking of investing, too.
而且房市繁榮的時候可以大賺一筆.我也在考慮投資這個
Man: Maybe you and I could collaborate on that....
或許我們兩個可以合作......
Woman: If you have enough money, you could start by buying a rental property.
如果錢夠多,就可以開始買房子租人了
Man: And find tenants to rent it?
然後找房客來租嗎?
Woman: Yes, because property values have sky - rocketed lately and show no sign of
slowing down.
是的,因為近來房地產價值狂飆,且無趨緩現象
Man: But I'd have to deal with the people.
但我就得和一堆人打交道
Woman: It's worth it if you make a thirty percent return or more!
如果可以有百分之三十的投資率,一切都值得!
Man: Here is what I've spent and what I've saved the the past few weeks.
這是我過去幾個星期的花費和存下來的錢
Woman: You're making progress.
你有在進步了喔
Man: Yes. And I've made plenty of room for this investment. My protfolio looks good.
對呀.而且已經有足夠的餘裕進行這項投資.我的投資組合看以來不錯
Woman: See. I knew you could cut down on your spending.
看吧.我就知道你可以減少支出的
Man: Yes. I've been a good boy.
對呀.我很乖的哩
Woman: I think you've got some room to invest in some government bonds.
我想你已經有辦法投資ㄧ些政府公債了
Man: Actually, I'd rather invest in a friend's company.
事實上,我比較想投資ㄧ個朋友的公司
Woman: Oh, as long as you are confident in it's success. It's not as safe in my opinion
.
Well, I think you're all set. If you need any more help with these finances or 
have any questions, feel free to call me.
噢,只要你對其獲利有信心就可以.以我來看沒那麼安全就是了
嗯,我想你一切就緒了.如果你還需要任何財務方面的協助或其他問題,歡迎打電
畫給我
Man: What do I owe you for all your help?
妳幫了我這麼多,我要怎麼付費?
Woman: My percentage was automatically taken out of your investment.
我的佣金會依比例自動從你的投資總額中扣除
Man: Really? How much is it?
真的啊?那是多少錢啊?
Woman: Here. You can see it in the paperwork.
拿去,你看這份書面資料就知道了
Man: Wow. Maybe I should become a financial advisor!
哇.或許我應該去當財務顧問才對!
 
 
 
 
 
@word bank
beyond (prep.) 超出(範圍)
security (n.) 保障;安全,social security即"社會保障"."社會福利措施"
savings (n.) 儲蓄(固定加s)
nest egg 儲蓄.字面上是"留在巢中的蛋",引申為儲蓄下來的錢
analyze (v.) 分析
number (n.) (用以計算評估的)數據
risky (adj.) 冒險的;有風險的
advisor (n.) 顧問;也拼作adviser. advice (n.) 建議
stack (n.) 堆, a stack of.... 即"一堆....(某物)"
overwhelm (v.) 壓得喘不過氣來;感覺手忙腳亂
diversify (v.) 分散(投資);使多變化
stablle (adj.) 穩定的;可靠的
reputation (n.) 聲譽;口碑
charge (v.) 收取費用
fee (n.) 諮詢費;服務費
recommend (v.) 介紹;推薦;建議
cozy (adj.) 舒適的
lifestyle (n.) <顯現品味.價值觀的>生活方式
budget (v. / n.) 列預算;預算;生活開銷
cut (v.) 刪減
spending (n.) 花費
budget (n.) 生活開支;預算
theater (n.) 電影院
financial (adj.) 財務的; financial advisor即"財務顧問"
calculate (v.) 計算;估計
boom (v.) 上漲;景氣好
collaborate (v.) 合作
rental (adj.) 出租的; rent (v.) 出租
property (n.) 財產;產業;尤指"房地產"
sky - rocket (v.) 快速上升的;一飛沖天的
return (n.) 收益;利潤
progress (n.) 進展;進步
portfolio (n.) 投資組合;顯示財務狀況的清單
opinion (n.) 觀點;看法
finances (n.) 財務狀況(固定加s)
feel free to... 儘管做(某事)
percentage (n.) 部分;比例;利潤
automatically (adv.) 自動地
paperwork (n.) 書面資料;文書工作

沒有留言:

張貼留言