2011年6月18日 星期六

Tips on Answering the Telephone 接聽電話的重要原則‏

Tios on Answering the Telephone 接聽電話的重要原則
The telephone is your link to the outside world. Through the telephone, you give and receive information and pass instruction to people.
電話是你和外界聯絡的管道.透過電話可以收發訊息並且傳達指示.
People often form impressions of you by the way you speak to them on the telephone. Your telephone skills can influence their willingness to work with you. So just how strong are your conversational skills when you answer the telephone?
人們通常經由電話中你談話的方式來塑造對你的印象.你接聽電話的技巧會影響他們和你共識的意願.當你接電話時,你的對話技巧如何呢?
To find out, take this brief quiz. Listed below are a series of statements, each describing a particular telphone skill: If you practice it consistently, give yourself a " 3 ". If you usually practice it, rate youself with a " 2 ". If you practice occasionally, you get a " 1 ", and if you rarely practice the skill, you rate a " 0 ".
為了了解這一點,我們要做個簡單的測試.下列有一系列的描述,每一各各別瞄塑了一種特定的街聽電話技巧,根據每一項技巧為你自已打分數:如果你一定會這麼做,可以得3分;如果經常這麼做,得2分;如果很少這麼做,得分是0分.
1. I answer the telephone within four rings.
我會在電話鈴響四聲內接聽電話
2. After answering the telephone, I immediately indentify myself.
我一接起電話就立即表明自己身份
3. When I receive calls, I open each conversation with a cheery greeting.
我接到電話時,會先愉快地問候對方。
4. When a caller wishes to speak to an absent colleague, I offer to take a message or help.
當來電者想找的同事不在時,我會為他留話或提供協助。
5. When I take messages, I note the name and telephone number of the caller and repeat it back to him.
當我記留言時,會寫下來電者的姓名與電話號碼,並且重覆一遍給他聽。
6. I am careful not to interrupt the other person while he is speaking.
我會注意不在對方說話時打斷他。
7. I repeat the other person's name several times during the conversation.
在對話時,我會多次稱呼對方的名字。
8. I speak in a professional, but relaxed tone of voice.
我說話的語氣是專業,且輕鬆的。
9. I take notes during my conversations to ensure proper follow up.
我在談話過程中會記下重點,以確保事後能做好後續工作。
10. I avoid placing persons "on hold."
我避免按「保留」讓人在電話中等候。
So how'd you do? Total your score. If you totaled between 27 and 30, you're doing a great job answering the telephone. Keep it up! A score of 23 to 26 means you're doing well and, with a bit of practice, you'll perfect your already good skills. If you score between 19 and 22, you're not doing too badly, but your telephone skills may be a little rough around the edges. If you're below 18, you need study and practice!
你答得如何?把你的分數加起來,如果總分介於27分和30分之間,你的電話接聽技巧非常好,繼續保持下去喔!分數若介於23分和26分之間,技巧不錯,只要再稍加練習你已經不錯的技巧,就會更完美。如果分數介於19分和22分之間,表現還可以,不過你的電話技巧可能有點不夠完美成熟。如果分數低於18分,你就需要好好地研究練習一番了!
Telephone conversation is one of the most critical everyday business skills, but it's frequently overlooked by people at every level of business. Many first—and lasting—impressions are formed over the telephone, and profits are made and lost there. If you practice top-notch telephone skills, you already know the difference those skills make: People at the other end of the line are much more pleasant with you and are usually delighted to work with you after the conversations are over.
電話交談是每日事務中最重要的技巧之一,但是在各行業各階層中的人們經常會忽略這一點。很多第一印象及後來持續給人的印象都是由電話交談所形成的,賺錢或賠錢都在通話之間。你若熟練地運用一流的電話技巧,那麼你就已經知道這些技巧會造成什麼不同的效果:電話線另一端的人會對你更和善,並且通常在談話結束後會很喜歡與你共事。
If you want to improve your telephone performance, follow these ten tips.
你如果想改善自己的電話技巧,可以照著下面十項建議來做。
1. Answer the telephone promptly.
(電話鈴響時)很快地去接電話。
2. Let callers know your name.
讓對方知道你的名字。
3. Be cheerful, without appearing insincere.
愉快地交談,但不要令人覺得你不誠懇。
4. Never leave callers unattended.
絕不要讓對方在電話裡等太久。
5. Listen carefully.
仔細地聆聽。
6. Use the other person's name.
稱呼對方的名字。
7. Encourage honest conversation by asking questions.
透過問問題使談話真確切中要點。
8. Speak in a polished but relaxed tone.
以幹練但輕鬆的語氣說話。
9. Summarize key points toward the end of the conversation.
談話快結束時將重點做個摘要。
10. Let the other person close the conversation.
讓對方來結束談話。
Always avoid the following ten "telephone turn-offs."
一定要避免下面十種會令對方不舒服的用語:
1. "Yeah?"
1.「Yeah?」
2. "He's busy now."
2.「他現在正在忙。」
3. "Can you call back later?"
3.「你可不可以待會兒再打來?」
4. "Sorry, that's not my department."
4.「對不起,你打錯部門了。」
5. "I have no idea why this call was sent to me."
5.「我不曉得電話為什麼會被轉到這裡來?」
6. "What do you want?"
6.「你要幹什麼?」
7. "I only have a minute."
7.「我只能講一分鐘。」
8. "Wait a minute, while I put you on hold."
8.「我按Hold,你等一下。」
9. "Better make this quick."
9.「你最好快點說。」
10. "I don't need to hear any more."
10.「我不想再聽了。」


@word bank
consistently (adv.) 一定地;不變地
identify (v.) 表明身分
cheery (adj) 愉快的
ensure (v) 確保
rough around the edges (adj phr) 形容不夠完美、成熟
critical (adj) 重要的
promptly (adv) 迅速地;立刻地
polished (adj) 洗鍊的;專業的
turn-off (n phr) 使人不高興的事物
put someone on hold (v phr) 讓某人在電話中等候



@The Day's Phrase
Bamboo: Nature's Wonder Plant
竹:自然界的神奇植物
This Aisan grass is gaining world - wide appreciation.
這種亞洲植物正贏得全世界欣賞
I would like to know more about employee benefits at your company.
我想多知道一些貴公司的員工福利
Traveling isn't always easy when you're in a foreign place!
異國旅行不一定容易!
I can start working as early as the first of next month.
我最早可以下個月一號開始上班
I'm really excited to be a new addition to your company.
能成為貴公司的新員工,令我感到非常興奮。
The boss treated me and another new employee to lunch today.
今天老闆請我和另外一位新員工吃午飯。
A Studio Classroom teacher learns some important lessons about friendship
「空中英語教室」一位老師學到寶貴的友誼功課
I need to withdraw some money from the bank.
我需要從銀行裡提些錢出來。
If you want to open a new account, bring your ID and your chop with you.
如果你要開新帳戶,要帶你的身份證和印章。
Steve Fossett has set records in the air and on the sea
史蒂夫‧佛塞特上天下海的創紀錄表現
You will have to pay a small fee for using another bank's ATM machine.
若使用別家銀行的自動櫃員機,就要付一點費用。
Steve Fossett has set records in the air and on the sea
史蒂夫‧佛塞特上天下海的創紀錄表現
Do you remember your PIN code?
你記得你的密碼嗎?

沒有留言:

張貼留言