2011年6月17日 星期五

Tips on Handling Stress 處理壓力的訣竅‏

Tips on Handling Stress 處理壓力的訣竅
Control. Everyone wants it, but how many people really have it? When we strive to control our world and can't, we feel threatened. If we don't overcome the trapped feeling, stress arises.
控制得宜,每個人都希望能夠辦到,但是有多少人能夠真正做到呢?當我們努力地想要控制我們的世界卻辦不到的時候,常會感到大受威脅.如果我們無法克服這種受困的心情,壓力便產生了
Hannah works at a newspaper. This morning she is feeling especially overwhelmed. " Let's see, " thought Hannah. " I need to check on photos for two articles and finish proofreading the layout of today's sport page... "
漢娜在報社工作,今天早上她感到特別的無力."我想想"漢娜心想"我得利兩篇文章找好照片,還要校對好今天體育版的編排設計..."
" Excuse me, Hannah, " interrupted Larry. " I know you're busy, but could you write the advice column this week? I just don't have any ideas, and it's due this afternoon. "
"對不起,漢娜"賴瑞來打岔,"我知道妳很忙,可是你可不可以寫一下這禮拜的問題解答專欄?我就是想不出任何點子,而且今天下午就得交了"
" This afternoon? " questioned Hannah. " Um, sure. No problem. "
"今天下午?"漢娜問"喔,好啊.沒問題"
" Thanks, I knew you would! " exclaimed Larry.
"謝謝,我就知道妳會幫忙!"賴瑞高興地叫著
" I can't believe Larry did it again, " Hannah thought. " He always hands me a project at the last minute. "
"真不敢相信賴瑞怎麼又這樣,"漢娜心裡想,"他總是在最後一分鐘才把事情交給我"
( phone rings )
電話鈴聲響
" Hannah blythe speaking. "
我是漢娜.布萊玆
" I'm so glad you're at your desk, Hannah! " said Louise.
"真高興妳在位置上,漢娜!"露易絲說
" Oh, no, not Louise! " thought Hannah. " I wonder what this week's crisis is? "
"喔,完了,又是露易絲!"漢娜心裡想"不知道這個禮拜又有什麼危機了?"
" This has been the worst week, " Louise moaned.
"這個禮拜真是最糟糕的一個禮拜",露易絲抱怨著
" Tell me about it, " Hannah replied.
"妳說說吧",漢娜回答
" It all started when the car broken down... " Louise began.
"所有的倒楣事就從那輛車壞掉開始..."路易絲開始說
Twenty long minutes later, Hannah hang up the phone.
過了長長的二十分鐘後,漢娜掛了電話
" Why did I let Louise talk to me so long? Now I'll have to work on the advice column during lunch. "
"我怎麼會讓路易絲講這麼久?這下子我得用午餐時間寫問題解答專欄了"
Hannah didn't leave the office until after 6p.m. And, as usual, she took extra assignments home to complete.
漢娜一直到下午六點之後才離開辦公室,而且她照例帶了額外的工作回家去做
Is your life like Hannah's? If so, here are some tips to help you:
你的生活是不是就像漢娜一樣呢?如果是,這兒有一些建議可以幫助你:
* Find the source of your stress by keeping a log. Identify stressful events, deadlines 
or people. Try to foresee stress and prepare for it before it comes.
作工作記錄以找出壓力的來源,認清造成壓的事件.時限或人,試著預知壓力的發生,趁著
壓力來到之前先預備
* Identify takes and prioriize them. Use the job you enjoy as rewards for completing 
tedious ones.
弄清楚工作內容並排出優順序.以你喜歡的工作作為完成不喜歡的工作時的獎賞
* Set boundaries. Be realistic about whta you can or can't do. What faced with a 
request you're unsure of, say " no, " not " yes. " Get counsel from others if you can't 
set bounsaries on your own.
設定自己的極限.對自己做得到或做不到的事要實際一點.當面對不確定自己能否做到的
要求時,就說"不"而非"好".如果你不知道該怎麼設定自己的極限,可以尋求他人的忠告
* Be positive and keep cool. See your problems as opportunities. Think " What's the 
first step to finishing this project? " instead of " I'll never be able to finish this project 
on time! "
態度積極並保持冷靜.將你的問題看作是機會,要想"完成這個案子,我第一步該做什麼",
而不是"我一定沒有辦法準時完成這個案子的!"
* Live in the present. Try not to dwell on past mistakes. Going over and over your 
failures only increases stress. 
活在當下.試著不要停留在過去的錯誤中,不斷重溫你的失敗只會增加壓力
* Be flexible and learn to laugh at yourself.
有彈性點,適著可以嘲笑自己
* Build friendship to help your cope.
建立友誼以幫助你應付壓力
* Begin an exercise program.
開始從事運動
* Take up a hobby or join a club.
培養一個嗜好或加入一個社團
The scene in Hannah's office will look like this after she learns to reduce stress by managing her life. 
漢娜學會了管理她的生活來降低壓力之後,她辦公室裡的畫面應該像是這樣;
" Good morning, Larry! " said Hannah.
"早安,賴瑞!"漢娜說
" Hi, Hannah! " answered Larry. " You're just the person I wanted to see. I'm having trouble with the advice column this week. You're so capable, can you write it? The deadline's this afternoon. But I'm sure you can handle it. "
"嗨,漢娜!"賴瑞回答"妳正是我要找的人.我這個禮拜的問題解答專欄寫不出來.妳那麼能幹,妳來寫好不好?今天下午截稿,我相信妳一定做得來"
" Sorry, Larry, " replied Hannah. " I've got the deadlines to meet, too. "
"抱歉,賴瑞"漢娜回答"我這兒也在趕著截稿"
" But you can just dash this off quickly, " said Larry.
"可是妳可以很快寫一寫就好了啊"賴瑞說
" I can't, " said Hannah. " Next time ask me earlier. "
"我沒辦法耶"漢娜說"下次早一點來找我吧"
( phone rings )
電話鈴響
" Hannah Blythe"
我是漢娜.布萊玆
" Hannah, thanks godness you're there! " Louise exclaimed.
漢娜,妳在呀?真是感謝老天! 露易絲喊著
" Louise, I'd love to talk, but it's not a good time, " replied Hannah.
露易絲,我很想跟妳談,可是現在不適合 漢娜回答
" I'll only take a minute, " said Louise.
只要一下就好了 露易絲說
" I really can't now " Hannah said. " This evening will be more convenient."
我現在真的沒辦法 漢娜說 今天晚上談會比較方便一點
Hannah checked her schedule at five o'clock. She had managed to complete everything. Now she can leave her office where it belobgs.
漢娜在五點的時候查了一下她的進度表,她已經完成了所有的事.線在她可以把工作留在它該待的辦公室裡了
HERE ARE SOME SHORT - TERM WAYS TO HANDLE STRESS:
這兒有些及時抒解壓力的妙方:
*take a walk
散散步
*take a coffe break
喝杯咖啡休息一下
*listen to soothing music
聽聽輕柔的音樂
*find a quiet place to read or pray
找個安靜的地方閱讀或祈禱
*talk to friend
找個朋友聊聊
 
 
 
 
 
@word bank
strive (v.) 努力;奮鬥
overwhelmed (adj.) 感到極度沮喪無助的;被擊潰的
layout (n.) <版面的>設計
foresee (v.) 預知
prioritize (v.) 安排優先順序
tedious (adj.) 令人生厭的;冗長乏味的
dwell on (v. phr) 停留在某題目上
cope (v.) 抗衡;對付
capable (adj.) 能幹的;有知識或能力的
dash something off (v. phr) 快速書寫某物
soothing (adj.) 安慰的;緩和的
 
 
 
 
@The Day's Phrase
My interview went much smoother than I expected!
我的面試進行得比我預期的還要順利!
Teachers are required to pass a medical exam before they can be hired.
老師們要先通過體檢,才予以錄用
We think you are overqualiffied for this position.
我覺得這個職位對你來說是大材小用了
I had a bachelor's degree in civil engineeng.
我有土木工程的學士學位
Could you please direct me to the Human Resources department?
可以請您告訴我到人力資源部怎麼走嗎?
Is Chinesee handwriting in danger? With the modern communication tools, people 
are writing by hand less and less.
中文書寫面臨危機?隨著現代通訊工具的興起,愈來愈少人用手寫字
Sally told me her company might be hiring a new director soon.
莎莉告訴我她的公司也許不久要聘請一位新主管
I have several years of experience doing technical support.
我有多年的技術支援經驗

沒有留言:

張貼留言